Welcome...... bitch

Home of sports insight, sociological commentary, and rants.






Thursday, August 26, 2010

When Hunters are Hunted

At what point do predators become the prey? Chris Hansen of Dateline's "to catch a predator" has been doing a great job of riding the world wide web of creepy old men that prey on the young and innocent. But at what point are the tables turned? Who's to say that Chris isn't seeking these "predators" out and luring them in to a fate worse then death itself? The reason I bring this up isn't because I am against Hansen's work (don't believe a word Winger tells you about my social life), but more because it seems all too easy trap dudes on the internet. Just the other day I got a friend request from a young lady whom I share mutual friends with, and seeing that I can count my real life friends without taking my shoes off, of course I accepted (I still have hopes of breaking the 100 friend mark one day). After browsing this young lady's page I came to the realization that this friendship is doomed from the beginning and there is nothing that leads on to believe that this is a real person. Upon further investigation I find that our mutual friends also have little insight to who this young lass is, which makes me wonder if this person is who they say they are or is it some suit trying to rid the 'net of a young up and coming blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment