Welcome...... bitch

Home of sports insight, sociological commentary, and rants.






Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Those Damn Yankee Fans

We get it. The Yankees won a bunch of championships in the last 150 years of baseball. Good Job. But they are not that great. the people that need to realize this the most are the fans. new flash, just because you're a Yankees fan, that does not automatically make you great. stop acting like your shit don't stink. Yankee hats don't go with any clothing ensemble so stop wearing it with suits or sport jackets. oh, and give Joe Torre the credit he deserves.


The reason I bring up the Yankees and their fans is because this summer I've been to two games. that's two more then any other baseball team I've seen play in my life. while at my first Yankee game this summer I couldn't help but notice the row in front of me was one large group. 16 kids at a baseball game for one of the brat's birthday. I mean who does that? its not like it was the kids super sweet sixteen or even his bar mitzvah. he looked like he was 10 or 11. Take the kids to chuck e cheese or something.







Then, while at my second game, watching A-Rod sit on 599 like it was a egg waiting to hatch, i couldn't help but notice the couple next me continuously pulling food out of a seemingly bottomless bag. I mean I'm all for saving money and agree that $9 beers are a little over the top, but these people weren't smuggling fruit like a Mets fan might do. no they stepped their game up with $5 footlongs. Really? Hoagies and Grinders? And after all that effort to sneak it in to the ballpark, at least slow down and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment