Welcome...... bitch

Home of sports insight, sociological commentary, and rants.






Thursday, November 4, 2010

George Bush writes a book?

Apparently former President George Bush wrote a book titled "Decision Points." Now, I by no means claim to be a political expert and if it weren't for spell check, I wouldn't have been able to spell political. But I watch enough "Family Guy", "South Park", and MTV News to know that Bush's two terms in office were filled with questionable decision making. and while he may have been hated by many, many people, I find it shocking when he says Kanye West's allegations that Bush "doesn't care about Black People," was the low point of his presidency.

When Lauer asked Bush if he remembered the comments Kanye made about him, President Obama's predecessor offered a matter-of-fact response.
"Yes, I do. He called me a racist," Bush told Lauer.
Lauer clarified that Kanye did not literally call Bush a racist but instead said, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people." But Bush maintained his stance.
"That's - 'he's a racist,'" Bush said. "And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments in my Presidency."
Lauer quoted an excerpt from the book on the matter:
"I faced a lot of criticism as President. I didn't like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all time low."


I guess its just further proof that Bush just wasn't really paying attention. As far as the book goes, I for one would like to get my hands on it, I mean, I love a good pop-up book.

In case you missed it:

No comments:

Post a Comment